We have an ongoing commitment to ensuring that our research is conducted in an ethical and professional manner.
In practical terms, this means that:
- All data generated will be used for the purpose of academic research only and handled in line with GDPR.
- Data will not be shared with third parties, but with members of the research team only.
- Interviews will be recorded and subsequently transcribed. All audio files will be securely stored in a file storage system encrypted with the Advanced Encryption Standard.
- Unless otherwise indicated by the participant, any reference to the participant will be anonymised or psuedonymised in published text(s).
- All data will only be stored for the duration of the research project and will be deleted by 01.01.2023.
- Participants have the right to revocation of consent and are able to withdraw their consent at any time before, during, or after the interview.
We see research as a dialogue. We conduct interviews to learn from the people who know more about the topic than we do.
As a participant of the study, you are more than welcome to continue the conversation with us after data collection, so that we can make sure we have understood correctly, can explain how different passages will be used in our reports and presentations, and can share with you what we have learned.